The innovations introduced in HiLo are part of ongoing research. As a result, the development of HiLo generates scientific results and output in the form of scientific journal and conference papers.
Integrated funicular floor system
- López López D., Veenendaal D., Akbarzadeh M. and Block P. Prototype of an ultra-thin, concrete vaulted floor system. Proceedings of the IASS-SLTE 2014 Symposium, Brasilia, Brazil,2014. Accepted for publication.
Lightweight formwork system
- Veenendaal, D. and Block, P. Design process for a prototype concrete shells using a hybrid cable-net and fabric formwork. Engineering Structures, 75: 39-50, 2014.
Veenendaal, D., Bezbradica, M., Novak, D. and Block, P. Controlling the geometry and forces of hybrid cable-net and fabric formworks. Proceedings of the IASS-SLTE 2014 Symposium, Brasilia, Brazil, 2014. Accepted for publication.
Adaptive solar facade
- Rossi, D., Nagy, Z. and Schlueter, A. Adaptive Distributed Robotics for Environmental Performance, Occupant Comfort and Architectural Expression, Int’l. Journal of Architectural Computing, vol.10, No.3, pp.341-360, September 2012.
- Svetozarevic, B., Nagy, Z., Rossi, D., and Schlueter, A. Experimental Characterization of a 2-DOF Soft Robotic Platform for Architectural Applications, Robotics: Science and Systems, Workshop on Advances on Soft Robotics, Berkley, CA, USA, 2014.
- Rossi D., Nagy Z. and Schlueter, A. Simulation Framework for Design of Adaptive Solar Facade Systems, CISBAT, Lausanne, Switzerland, 2013.
Occupant-centred control system
- Nagy, Z., Hazas, M., Frei, M., Rossi, D. and Schlueter, A. Illuminating Adaptive Comfort: Dynamic Lighting for the Active Occupant, in Proc. 8th Windsor Conference: Counting the Cost of Comfort in a Changing World, April 2014, London, UK.